Stay fueled and hydrated on your hike.
Snack Stations. Along the routes we will have multiple snack and water stations where you can take a break to rest, re-fuel and rehydrate. The snack stations are located at High View Shelter in Twin Creek MetroPark, Old Mill Group Campsite in Germantown MetroPark, the Nature Center/Boardwalk area in Germantown MetroPark, and on the return in the evening, at the shelter at Kercher Park in Germantown. Snack and beverage quantities are limited and are by donation only - once they are gone, they are gone, however, we can assure there will be water available at all stops. Always carry enough food and water to complete your hike. The snack station hours are:
- High View Shelter: 7:00am - Noon. 5 miles from the start.
- Old Mill Group Campsite: 9:00am - 9:00pm. 12 miles from the start, (again at mile 20)
- Nature Center/Boardwalk: 10:00am - 4:00pm. 14 miles from the start.
All routes will pass one or more snack stations.
Drinking Water. Always carry enough water for your hiking needs, however, we will have water available at the snack stations, at a minimum, for all participants.
Restrooms. Ample porta-a-johns and pit toilets are available along the Twin Valley Trail. Their locations are:
- Registration Area in Twin Creek MetroPark.
- Chamberlain Road Crossing in Twin Creek MetroPark.
- High View Picnic Shelter in Twin Creek MetroPark.
- Kercher Park on the Connector Trail.
- Cedar Ridge Campsite on the Connector Trail.
- Old Mill Campsite in Germantown MetroPark.
- 7501 Conservancy Road Trail Head in Germantown MetroPark.
- Nature Center in Germantown MetroPark.
- Sledding Hill in Germantown MetroPark.
- Cul-de-sac in Germantown MetroPark (just after the pink trail leaves the orange trail).
- The small parking lot where the newer section of the pink trail exits the woods in Germantown MetroPark.
Trail Markings. The Twin Valley Trail is marked with an icon of a hiker. Follow the hiker icon on wooden posts. Pay attention at intersections to ensure you are taking the correct path.