Coming from out of town? Live local but want to make it a weekend?
Primitive camping is available at Twin Creek and Germantown MetroParks on Friday and Saturday nights. Three primitive group campsites are reserved for our use; two in Twin Creek Group camping arean and one in Germantown MetroPark near the Dam if you prefer to be away from the action and want some quiet time. Bring your own gear, food, water, beverages and chairs. The campsites are wooded with plenty of flat areas for tents. Picnic tables, a fire ring and firewood are supplied. Privy style toilets are nearby. There is no running water or electricity at the campsites. Due to the threat of invasive species, do not bring any firewood. The Twin Creek campsites are located at what some people refer to as the old Camp Hook Boy Scout camp and at the Old Mill site in Germantown. There are plenty of trees for hammock campers as well.
There is no charge for camping! The Twin Crek campsites are located at the start of the TVT Challenge hikes. Note: There is no running water or electricity at the campsites. No water faucets, no sinks and no showers.
Dayton Hikers Meetup members camping sign-up is located HERE
Camping Rules and Etiquette:
- No pets permitted! No exceptions. Pets are permitted on the hike, but not camping, sorry, MetroPark rules.
- Tent camping only. Sorry, no pop-up campers or RVs.
- No amplified music. Instruments welcome!
- Campfires in designated fire rings only.
- Do not bring any firewood or collect firewood. Firewood is provided!
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Tent sites are first come, first served. Sites will be shared with others.
- There is a designated site (Tecumseh Camp) at Twin Creek for quiet hours to start at 10:00 pm both nights. Please be considerate of those will go to sleep early for their long hike.
- The Little Turtle Camp will have no quiet hours either night.
- The Old Mill Camp in Germantown will be available for overflow or for those who prefer solitude. This area will be a major rest stop for the hikers during the day, but will be very quiet at night.
- Check in: 5:30pm Friday.
- Check out: 10:00am Sunday.
- Campground is patrolled by Five Rivers MetroParks rangers.
Showers: Need a shower? The closest shower facility is five miles away at the Franklin Community Swimming Pool. Open until 8:00pm on Saturday.
Supplies and Services: The city of Franklin is five miles away. Franklin has a Walmart, grocery stores, convenience stores, gas stations and restaurants including fast food.